· The VHS Star Student of 2015 is Amy Dixon, the daughter of Chris and Glenda Dixon. She chose Mr. Cody McElwain as her Star Teacher.
· The VHS 2015 Academic Hall of Fame inductees are: Elizabeth Bufkin, Miesha Bure, Amy Dixon, De’Arimus Smith, Austin Warren, and Erika Wheeler.
· The VHS 2015 Senior Gator Award recipients are: Torey Daniels, Erica Darden, India Jones, Briana Knox, Kori Screws, Tyler Smith, I’Sheana Stamps, Ishmael Thompson, Marcus Williams, Darbie Woods, and Stefan Young.
· Mrs. Lamb’s Physics and AP Physics classes participated in a live virtual field trip of NASA’s Goddard Space Center on May 1 to celebrate Space Day. Senior Cody Gardner said, “It makes me proud to be working on becoming a civil engineer.”
· Teachers’ Appreciation Week is May 4 – May 8. The VHS PTO is sponsoring a Faculty Breakfast on May 5, which is Teacher Appreciation Day, beginning at 8:00 a.m. Parent volunteers will also assist the teachers by making photocopies for them each morning from 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. during the whole week. Any parent who would like to assist in these activities can contact Mrs. Katrina Johnson at 601-415-7492.
· The VHS Athletic Banquet will be Monday, May 4 beginning at 6:00 p.m.
· The VHS Band Banquet will be Tuesday, May 5 beginning at 6:30 p.m.
· Tryouts for the VHS Swim Team will be held Tuesday, May 5 and Thursday, May 7 at 4:00 p.m. at the Vicksburg YMCA. Students must have an updated physical to tryout. No two-pieces, boxers, t-shirts, or briefs will be allowed. The use of goggles and swim caps is advised. For more information contact E. Gardner at 601-636-2914.
· VHS Senior Awards Night will be on Monday, May 11, beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the auditorium.
· State testing will be from May 11 – May 15. Proctors are needed from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Please contact Mr. David Mitchell at 601-619-2396 or Mrs. Katrina Johnson at 601-415-7492 if available to serve as a proctor.
· The Gator Gourmet cookbook sponsored by the VHS Choral Department is on sale. Please contact Tracy Smithey at 601-831-1807 or Mrs. Katrina Johnson at 601-415-7492 for purchase.